7.17.2011

Des Moines - Memorial Day

The kids and I spent a long weekend in Des Moines over Memorial Day (yes, I mean Memorial Day...I'm a little behind) while Chris went fishing in Wisconsin.  We had a fun and busy time.  I think the highlight for Levi was going to the Blank Park Zoo and seeing the dinosaurs.


I think it cost $3 to feed  the giraffes.  $3 for a piece of lettuce is a little extreme, but it was pretty cool to feed the giraffe - Levi was a little taken back, though.

Levi was NOT a fan of the dinosaurs when we first entered the building.  It took awhile for him to warm up to them, but he finally did.



I don't think this picture is from Memorial Day weekend, but I love it.  Levi and Lilah look so serious reading the Toys R Us ads.

No comments: