7.21.2011

Anniversary

Our 5th wedding anniversary was on June 3rd!  We went out to dinner in traditional fashion, by going to The French Cafe.  I was a little hesitant about going because we had heard that the executive chef left and the food wasn't up to par - but our dinner was good.  We got bananas foster for dessert, which was the definition of anti-climatic.  Our waiter made a big deal about pouring the rum in...and no flame.  We laughed, I don't think that's the reaction he was looking for.  However, a table near us got the same and their waiter set off the smoke detector :)
Again we stuck with traditional gifts and I got a spare set of silverware with a wooden storage box (traditional gift is wood, modern is silverware).  I made Chris a wooden cribbage board...I'll post pictures of that in the next blog post.

Before dinner.  Are you jealous of my luscious tan?

Apparently we don't get dressed up often, Levi thought we were going to a wedding when he saw me in my dress.  He then informed us that he was going too and he needed to put on his tie.

Grandma Cece came to spend that weekend with us and took lots of pictures of the kids.  Could she get any cuter?


She also brought the iPad.  A few months ago Pop downloaded a Thomas the Tank Engine app, and needless to say Hopper loves it!  Doesn't he look like such a big kid?!

No comments: