We went to Des Moines this weekend to go to the fair. We got there early Saturday morning to beat some of the crowds and the heat. When we got there we discovered that our camera was out of batteries. Good thing Pop's camera phone takes pretty good pictures -
Here we are in front of the grandstand, before the crowds.
Levi loved the animals, I'm pretty sure we saw them all!
Chris took Levi down the big slide. We knew he would either love it or hate it...he loved it! The second they reached the bottom he asked if they could go again. Chris and Levi are at the top on the left.
This year in addition to the butter cow, there was a butter Green Eggs and Ham scene. This is one of Levi's favorite books at the moment (he calls it Sam I am.)
I'm not sure if you can read it, but my t-shirt says "We're hungry." I'm not sure that Baby Vokt and I took full advantage of the food selection - but we did do pretty good...and nothing fried! We had a breakfast sandwich, dutch letter, a wonderbar (ice cream bar dipped in chocolate then in peanuts), a smoked ham sandwich, and a peanut butter rice krispie treat on a stick. And lots of water.





No comments:
Post a Comment