At first I got kind of emotional thinking about it. I didn't have that reaction when we physically moved to the new house, but I guess the idea of us "giving away" our old house got to me. It was the house that we brought our babies home to. It was the house we bought together - when we weren't even engaged! It was in the basement where Finely and I stayed up in the middle of the night watching Keeping Up With the Kardashians, because that seemed to be the only thing that would stop her crying (screaming). It was also in the basement where Chris spent hours upon hours designing our new house. It was where the Black Squirrel Party originated and where Thunder Cups reigned supreme in the garage. It was where I got ready before our wedding. It was where the deer ran rampant (and ate all of our plants, bushes, and flowers.)
But it was also a house where (some of) the neighbors weren't the friendliest and a house where our kids didn't have a yard to play in, a driveway to ride bikes in, and in a neighborhood without kids their age. We absolutely love our new house and new neighborhood, but it's still a little sad to officially say goodbye. We'll make plenty of new memories in our new house, we have started already.
P.S. I think it's time for a Black Squirrel Party at the new house, better start planning.




No comments:
Post a Comment